How can we help?
The following requirements must be met for a charge to be refundable:
- It must not be
- It must not have been fully refunded
- It must not exceed the refund limit (15 refunds/charge)
- It must be
- It must have been captured for no longer than 365 days
Creating a refund
We offer two ways of creating refunds:
- The easiest and most immediate way is doing it from the dashboard. Sign in to your account and find the charge you want to refund.
You are then given the option to refund the whole amount, or just part of it.
- Via the API: If you want to be able to do this from your own application, refunds can be created from the API. This documentation article contains the latest reference information.
How long does it take?
Omise processes refunds immediately. Credit card holders will receive the refunded amount in their next billing cycle. For debit cards, the amount will be returned within 30-60 days.
Can I refund a canceled card?
You can still issue a refund. Create a refund as you normally do. We will forward your request to the bank. The bank and card issuing bank will then take care of the process in getting the funds back to the cardholder.
If your customer has yet to see the credit, please advise them to contact their financial institution by calling the number on the back of their card.
Can’t find your answer?
Get in touch with us and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible