Restricted goods and services
By registering, the Merchant is confirming that the Merchant will not use the Service to accept payments in connection
with the following businesses, business activities or business practices. Note the types of businesses listed below are
representative, but not exhaustive. If the Merchant is uncertain as to whether their business is Prohibited, or have
questions about how these requirements apply to the Merchant, please contact us.
Restricted by local law or regulation for any payment channel
Adult or related products or services
Note: Retailers of lingerie are not explicitly classified as unacceptable.
- All sexually-orientated or pornographic merchants
- Adult telephone or internet conversations/chat
- Massage parlors
- Adult book stores
- Topless bars/clubs
- Adult entertainment
- Dating services (adult and non-adult)
- Companion/Escort Services (adult and non-adult)
- Modeling Agencies (adult and non-adult)
Note: For large merchants with international customers please contact Omise Sales.
An individual/home based business where the merchant’s target market is solely outside of the country the
registered in with Omise
Firearms and weapons of all kind
|Medical, drugs and Pharmaceuticals
- Medical, drugs and Pharmaceuticals
- Medicine except for household medicine
- Surrogacy services
- Poisonous articles and hazardous chemicals
- Contact Lens
- Illegal drugs
- Any equipment designed for making or using drugs, such as bongs, vaporizers etc.
|Pseudo-pharmaceuticals (with implied guarantees)
Note: Where no guarantee is implied, such businesses are not explicitly classified as unacceptable.
- Sex nutrients, vitamins
- HCG weight loss products etc.
- Gambling tools, services, lottery, lucky draws
- Protected plants, animals, etc.
- Rare and preserved animals
- Archaeological and cultural relics
- Sale of ads for any products or services deemed illegal
Restricted due to being deceptive, predatory, unfair or unethical
|Counterfeit and unauthorized goods
- Counterfeit or imitation products or services
- Selling copyrighted products, services or software without permission
- Selling of goods smuggled or otherwise acquired illegally
- Selling of secrets and confidential information
- Selling information that infringes on others' privacy
|Predatory; false promises
- Any merchant offering a negative renewal option following a free or low-cost purchase
- Fortune tellers, palm readers, and tarot readers
- Free gift, prize, sweepstake or the winning of a contest as an inducement to purchase a product or service
Note: Teaching and education are not prohibited if it is unrelated to selling specific products or services (for
example university education).
- Credit repair or protection or restoration (including identity theft protection)
- Mortgage or loan reduction/ modification/ protection/ guarantee services
- “Get rich quick” schemes
- Real estate/investment seminars whose main goal is to persuade the customer to buy specific products or
- Merchants involved with hate, violence, or Human Trafficking
|Extortion/Pay to remove
- Pay to remove or pay to not publish services
|Social Media Activity
- Sale of Twitter followers, Facebook likes, YouTube views, and other forms of social media activity and
Note: We cannot accept such services for unethical or malicious providers. For others, such as penetration testing
or ethical hacking, we may offer alternative payment channels.
- Hacking tools, consulting services
- Hacking as a service
- Malware and vulnerabilities
Restricted due to risk of money laundering and criminal activities
Note: Marketplaces or portals are not explicitly prohibited, however there are strict rules on verifying the
identity of sub-merchants (using know your customer processes). Omise must at all times know all sub-merchants and
has the power to deny services to them. Sub-merchants must not sell any goods/services restricted by Omise.
Additional restrictions may apply.
Where all sub-merchants sell the same goods (for example photography services) only identity checks are
- Providing payment channel for a third party merchant that is not known to or in direct contract with Omise
- Merchant providing service to obfuscate the origin of funds or origin of sellers
- Merchant offering goods for sale, or order taking, on behalf of one or more 3rd party companies without
disclosing them to Omise and the customers
Note: some payment channels have more strict rules, for example we also cannot allow Insurance premiums to be paid
through Alipay, but through other channels we can.
- Debt consolidation, Cash advances or Bail bondsmen
- Money transfer services, Cash gifting, Donations or Check Cashing
- Pyramid schemes, Illegal multi-level marketing, Ponzi schemes and similar
- Gold futures, Stock, Funds, Securities
- Pawnbrokers, Pawn shops;
- Financial products, Foreign currency exchange, Virtual currencies, Crowdfunding websites
Note: These services are not prohibited but will need additional fraud controls to ensure bad people cannot abuse
it to launder money. Also we cannot provide Alipay for these services.
- Mobile phone top up, prepaid cards or similar
|High fraud risk businesses
Note: Licensed multi level marketing providers are not per-se allowed. Also due to high fraud risks we usually
cannot accept card payments for MLM providers.
- Cyberlocker (Online data hosting services)
- Video game or virtual world credits
- Private detectives or bodyguard services
- Unlicensed multi level marketing (MLM)
Pre-order business is not prohibited but our acceptance will depend on how long the payment is being done prior to
when the products or services are provided or shipped.
Restricted by Omise terms and conditions
|Intercepting and sharing payment card information
Note: We may offer solutions for Kiosks or hardware based deployments using different means than eCommerce.
Pleases contact sales for more information.
- Card/payment information entered manually by merchant
- Sharing cardholder information with another merchant for payment or cross-sell.
- Storing, transmitting or processing payment card data without being compliant and certified to PCI-DSS.
- Having customers pay on Kiosks or shared computers. eCommerce Payment has to be initiated on the customer's
personal phone or computer.
|Abusing payment networks.
- Evasion of card network chargeback monitoring programs;
- Card testing
Regulated goods and services
There are goods and services which are allowed to be sold however any merchant doing so needs to provide the relevant license(s) when registering for a live account.
Many markets are regulated and by law we can only accept merchants with valid licenses for these markets. This includes:
- Hygiene, food and drug-related licenses for business in food drug and cosmetic industries
- License for restaurant operations
- Hotel license
- Spa provider license
- Tour operator licenses
- Licenses for transportation services
- Proof that you are allowed to resell third party brand products (or proof that they are second hand)
- Proof that you are allowed to provide medical services
- Insurance license or related when providing insurance or financial services.
- For specialist professional services such as Lawyer or Architects, proof that you are registered.
- License for providers of multi-level-marketing schemes
- Registration records for charities